Saturday, June 23, 2007

"The Dramatic Move Outside" by Billie Rose

One day the rabbits were downstairs eating and drinking. I was doing my home work and suddenly mom and dad were thinking about moving the rabbits outside. I was a little scared about this idea. Especially the part about making a fence. I asked daddy, "Is the fence going to be six times as big?" Daddy said, "It is going to be two times as big as the normal fence downstairs."


Me and my brother Teddy were playing outside. Then we saw daddy working on the rabbit cage. I asked, "Dad, what are you doing?" Daddy said, "Making a lock for the rabbits." Me and Teddy started questioning. Teddy said, "We'll need a lock right there on the door." Dad said, "The foxes can't be that smart."




"Where are the rabbits?" I questioned while mom and dad were bringing the rabbits' cage up the stairs. Dad said, "They are downstairs in a cat carrier."






They were moved out and upstairs. When put in their cage they started hopping around everywhere. I thought they were trying to organize things.
They have spent two nights outside already and no foxes have bothered them. We keep the light on every night. Our friend Ben says foxes are scared of light. Now they have a special hiding place that daddy built onto the back of their cage so definitely no foxes can bother them and they have a safe place to hide and sleep in the night.


I think my rabbits are happy outside in the day but scared at night. I am a little scared for them during the night time too.



The end.

No comments: