Saturday, May 26, 2007

Bun Foo

Jesse was cast as Bun Foo in the Brandywine High School's production of Thoroughly Modern Millie. Bun Foo is one of two chinese brothers working for the unscrupulous Mrs. Meeres. Meeres is running a boarding house for naive and aspiring young woman who are seeking their fortune in the big city. The boarding house, however, is merely a front for the real business of exporting orphaned young ladies into white slavery in the far east. The brothers are working for Mrs. Meeres in exchange for the promise of passage, bringing their mother to the United States from China...














Jesse gave a gifted and hilarious performance. I was amazed as I helped him dye all that wonderful blonde hair black for the part. I am still waiting for the dye to run out or fade. This may be wishful thinking! His singing, as always was a joy to hear. But perhaps most impressive, he had to learn all his parts and his songs in Mandarin! Wow!

No comments: