It all started when me and Teddy were looking in Mousey's cage. Mousey was lying down in a weird way, not moving. Teddy was wondering, and he got me scared that Mousey was dead. In the end he was. When I found out he was dead, I was crying on the stairs.
Mousey was my first pet. You could say I rescued him. He was being sold as snake food. I picked him out for a couple of reasons. First, mom wanted us all to get gerbils and put them in the same cage. I didn't want my pet in the same cage as Teddy's and Jesse's pets. Second, I wanted a pet that Jesse or Teddy wouldn't get. Third, Mousey was the cutest little mouse I had ever seen. The other mice were white. Mousey was black with a pink nose and long black tail. The other mice looked unhealthy, especially the one I was looking towards. He was laying on the cage in the pet store. Mousey was the only one getting his exercise.
Mousey loved me and I loved him. Mousey's favorite thing to do was running on his wheel. His favorite food was seeds. He had a little house. The first time I got him, he had a log but that kinda stinked up the room. The funniest thing about Mousey was that he peed on the top of his cage. He would make his screen all sticky. Mom says that was because he was marking his territory. He would walk up side down on the screen that was across the top of his cage to keep the cats out. I was afraid that he would get out some day. The cats all really liked watching Mousey. It was like a food show for them! The first time that Mousey would let me hold him without getting bitten, I put him on my shirt and he started climbing up!
It maybe was the happiest time of my life having Mousey.
1 comment:
Billie Rose,
I'm so sorry that Mousey passed away :-(( You wrote a wonderful tribute to him and it's obvious how much you cared about him.
{{{{{Hugs}}}}}
Michele (Zoe's mom)
Post a Comment